B.Com. is a three years full time degree course consisting of six semesters. The course is affiliated to Rani Channamma University, Belgaum. Class/Ranks will be declared on the basis of average marks of all the semesters.
To seek admission for I semester B.Com. Degree course, the student is required to pass in the PUC II Year /12th Std. Examination conducted by P.U. Board, Bangalore or any other equivalent Board. A candidate is required to produce original marks list, Leaving/Transfer Certificate along with two copies of Photostats duly attested.
To seek admission to III and V Semesters, the students who have successfully kept terms for previous Semester are eligible for subsequent semester. If the students have not filled the Examination form of lower exam, they are not eligible to seek admission for subsequent semesters.
Eligibility for Admission :
The candidates who have secured a minimum of 35% in PUC II Commerce/Science, Job Oriented Course (JOC) or Diploma in engineering (three year duration of Govt of Karnataka) are eligible to apply for this course.
Documents required for Admission :
- S.S.L.C/Equivalent Exam Xerox Marks Card duly attested by concerned authorities.
- P.U.C II/Equivalent to Exam Xerox Marks Card duly attested by concerned authorities.
- Transfer Certificate (Original) +2 Xerox Copies
- Migration Certificate. (Original for Non Karnataka & CBSE students only)
- Provisional Eligibility Certificate issued by Rani Channamma University, Belagavi.
(Original, for Non Karnataka & CBSE students).
- Caste Certificate.
- 4 ID Size Photos.
Note: If the number of students for any optional subject falls below the number prescribed by the authorities, that subject may be discontinued. The students may be advised to opt another subject. Subject to change by the University
Internal Marks & University Exam Rules:
There are 20 marks per subject for each semester.
- Internal test consists of two internal tests. l test carries 30 Marks (usually on OMR Sheets) and ll Test carries 80 Marks, total of which is reduced to 14 Marks.
- Attendance: Students with 75% and above attendance for each subject are eligible to get 3 Marks each.
- Class room work like presentations, Seminars, extracurricular activities like NCC,NSS, Cultural activities, Sports etc. carry 3 Marks each,The total of which comes to 20 Marks. Students/Parents are advised to check their marks on the college website www.gccbgm.org after a week from the last paper of the internal Test. They have to verify and if there is a doubt they have to approach the concerned teacher before the marks are submitted to university.